Our team are hunting for an extremely motivated and knowledgeable Specialist in the auto industry to be a member of our team. If you have a track record of success in the car industry, and an intense interest in cars and customer service, we advise you to send in your resume for this job. As a Vehicle Professional at our organization, you will have the opportunity to work with an accomplished team of professionals and considerably impact the automotive industry. We are looking for a performance-focused person who can support us in reaching our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Advanced Engineering Manager
Company: Magna International
Job description: Group Description
Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
The Advanced Engineering Manager is responsible for the program management of new launch initiatives; setting project priorities; capital budget planning and spending; developing and meeting departmental and project budgets; employee relations; continuous improvement related to manufacturing/equipment/process functions; development of engineering staff; selection of contractors; and ensures compliance to customer/legislated requirements. The Advanced Engineering Manager sets short and long term vision for projects and equipment. The Manager directly or indirectly oversees the functions of approximately 4 persons as well as contracted personnel
- Responsible to provide communication and reporting of their Department progress/results in achieving divisional goals; and the regular operation of the department.
- Manages the Program Management Process by evaluating program budgets and feasibility; monitors and ensures timelines for all programs/projects are met
- Oversees the implementation, and follow-up of the Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities of the Engineering department
- Leads the Program Managers to develop cross-functional teams to coordinate launch activities and manage on-going engineering changes for existing customer programs.
- Leads the engineering team in support of both new and existing customer programs and plant layout.
- Provides support to the maintenance team as they provide service to the manufacturing processes.
- Interfaces with Vehma Engineering and design personnel during product development and program launch activities.
- Degree in Engineering (or Engineering Technology Diploma may be considered) and a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in an engineering capacity and 5 – 8 years of experience in a managerial role.
- Minimum of five (5) years of program management experience required (or significant project management experience or leadership/management experience may be considered), a certificate or diploma in Project Management is preferred.
- Strong understanding of assembly processes, APQP, PDP (CPMP), PPAP, GD&T, ergonomics, engineering practices, production experience, and other automotive related activities.
- Must possess knowledge and proven skills in one of the following: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or Kaizen
- Support business development quoting activities in line with the Divisions Business Plan.
- Frequently searches customer web sites or other sources of information to receive and communicate customer requirements to department managers or designate for review.
- Processes and costs new jobs/engineering changes, through the quotation process including tooling/equipment costs.
- Orders supplies and deals with all sales personnel and subcontractors relating to department/plant activities
- Responsible for outsourcing and follow-up of new jobs.
- Applies World-Class Manufacturing techniques and continuous improvement to the engineering functions including Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Location: Lancaster, OH
Job date: Tue, 02 May 2023 22:04:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for your evaluation in our job offer position. We consider that this is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional like you to take the next step in your career in the vehicle industry. If you are an ambitious and customer-focused individual with a passion for vehicles, we encourage you to apply for this position. We are eagerly anticipating hearing from you soon and perhaps welcoming you to our team.