Our company are delighted to announce a new job opening for an experienced Car professional. If you are enthusiastic about the car industry, we urge you to send in your resume for this position. As a Car Specialist at our company, you will have the prospect to team up with a talented team of professionals and significantly impact the automotive industry. We can’t wait to receiving your application!
Job title: Automotive Cyber Security Lead
Company: Torc Robotics
Job description: About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. , we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do
- Lead cyber security activities for Tor in compliance with ISO 21434, UNECE W.29, and Torc cyber security development processes in collaboration with external teams
- Lead the Threat Analysis and Risk Assessment (TARA) in collaboration with the functional safety team, and lead the team for TARA updates
- Lead the security concept development
- Lead the security requirements development and requirements review
- Coach teams in implementing the cyber security requirements
- Guide software engineers in vulnerability analysis (static code analysis, known vulnerability analysis) and support tracking cyber security implementation issues based on the vulnerability analysis
- Support verification teams in performing the security verification tests
- Perform vulnerability management for issues found in testing
- Provide guidance and support for the incident response team
- Support incident response activities as assigned
- Cultivate awareness of incident response in the engineering team
- Grow the cyber security culture
- Maintain the Cyber Security plan
- Align to the Automotive SPICE compliant processes at Torc
- Support the SW cyber security tool qualification process
- Provide training for ISO 21434
- Support tracking of cyber security issues and supports driving their closure
- Track cyber security issues and support activities for their closure (vulnerability management)
- Support the systems team in developing the security architecture for product lines and projects during quote
- Interface with external vendors and suppliers to ensure cyber security compliance
- Support quality engineering team in answering cyber security related questions
- Follow Torc processes and work instructions
- Continually improve by staying up-to-date in cyber security technologies
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering/ Systems Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent and 8 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s and 10 years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of ISO 21434 and/or UNECE WP.29 R155
- Background in computer science, computer engineering or cyber security
- Knowledge of basic cryptography is required
- Familiar using a disciplined product development process based on the Automotive SPICE or CMMi process model
- Working knowledge of configuration management tool, project monitoring and control techniques.
- Familiar with structured problem solving (8D) methods and/or techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, reliable, and self-motivated
- Ability to work in an environment of ambiguity and ongoing change
- Experience with cyber security in embedded systems is preferred; experience in automotive or aerospace industry a plus
- Experience with JIRA and SAFe model
- Experience with requirements tracking tools such as DOORS NG or JAMA
- ISO 21434 Certification preferred
- Knowledge of or experience in the application of ISO 26262 (Automotive functional safety) preferred
- Experience with other communication protocols, such as I2C, SPI, or UART
- Knowledge of common protocols, such as TLS, IPsec, or IEEE 802.1x, is a plus
- Experience with standard security protocols in common connectivity such as WiFi, Bluetooth, or USB is a plus
- Knowledge of firewall or Intrusion Detection and Prevention System is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux or QNX operating system security is a plus
- Experience with failure analysis techniques (FMEA, FTA,..) a plus
- Reliability engineering knowledge is a plus
Perks of Being a Full-time Torc’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and future. Our culture is collaborative, energetic, and team-focused. Torc offers:
- A competitive compensation package that includes a bonus component and stock options
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for full-time employees
- 401K plan with a 6% employer match
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation (available immediately after start date)
- Company-wide holiday office closures
- AD+D and Life Insurance
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Job date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 08:50:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for thinking about our job opportunity. We consider that this is a unique opportunity for a gifted individual like you to advance your career in the field of vehicles industry. If you have a passion for cars, we advise you to apply for this position. We are eagerly anticipating reviewing your application and perhaps welcoming you to our team.