We are excited to announce an incredible chance to be a member of our workforce in the Automotive Sector! If you are a skilled and enthusiastic individual with firm expertise in vehicle skills, we encourage you to send in your resume for this position. This is your opportunity to be a part of an energetic and creative group committed to excellence in the realm of the vehicle industry. Don’t let go of this opportunity to advance your professional life and be involved in a company that appreciates creativity, resourcefulness, and hard work. We eagerly anticipate reviewing your job application and learning more about your skills and experience in the automotive sector.
Job title: Automotive Functional Safety Engineer
Job description: Company Description
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Chassis Systems Control Division develops innovative components, systems and functions in the field of vehicle safety, vehicle dynamics and driver assistance. Active safety systems recognize hazardous driving situations and guide the vehicle dynamics in a targeted manner to restore the stability of the vehicle.
Our competence lies in the networking of active and passive safety systems with driver assistance systems, and thereby we realize new dimensions in safety, comfort and agility.
System design and analysis
1)Responsible for overall Function Safety Management in context of Engineering of Bosch Automotive Brake Systems
2) Analyzes/defines the functional safety requirements within the project based on the customer requirements. Understands/analyzes the requirements from the end user perspective while considering constraints and safety standards as the main objective
3) Carries out the design analysis to support the development of safety case arguments for electronic stability controller
4) Creates/updates the hazard and risk analyses, safety plan, functional and technical safety concept
5) Specifies safety requirements and safety concepts for system/components
6) Supports the definition/specification of safety requirements for hardware and software architectures
7) Judge if system design/architecture can fulfill requirements, considering hardware-software components, interfaces, functional and environmental dependencies, using basic understanding of computer/vehicle networks, hardware and software design
8) Collaborates with the design team in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW and SW architectural level in compliance with ISO26262 and Bosch process
9) Leads/supports Safety Assessment Reviews held by safety assessor
10) Leads/performs safety analysis using standard deductive (FMEA, FMEDA ) and inductive (H&R, FTA) methods, the outcomes of these analyses will informed to the system design/architecture responsible
11) Supports the safety verification & validation activities
12) Leads/participates customer safety review meetings
Travel Expectation: Up to 10% (Domestic and International)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience with system engineering
- 1+ years of professional experience with system or functional safety (any of the following ISO26262, DO178c, IEC 61508, STAMP, MIL-STD-882)
- Degree discipline in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related degree
- Knowledge of electronic stability control technologies and functions as well as vehicle electrical architecture
- Experience with agile methods, DOORS, IQ-RM Pro
- Experience with embedded software development for safety critical automotive systems
- Good communication skills to discuss issues / solutions with team and external customers
- Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications.
- Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Location: Plymouth, MI
Job date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 07:10:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for your consideration in our job opportunity position. We think that this is an exciting opportunity for a skilled professional like you to take the next step in your career in the vehicle industry. If you are an ambitious and client-centered individual with a love for cars, we urge you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and potentially welcoming you to our team.