Our company are thrilled to present a fresh job opening for a seasoned Car professional. If you are enthusiastic about the automotive industry, we encourage you to send in your resume for this position. As a Vehicle Specialist at our company, you will have the chance to collaborate with a talented crew of professionals and substantially impact the vehicle industry. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Job title: Automotive Safety Innovation Engineer
Job description: Automotive Safety Innovation Engineer
Washington DC (Hybrid)
This defense company serves as the trusted partner of the government. Working privately and publicly with AI/Autonomy projects, and many other secret projects regarding robotics, UAVs, UGVs, etc. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in a principal role dealing with safety, planning, and strategy.
This company collaborates with AI and Autonomy innovation centers to look at the broader landscape and create a safer world. The Principal role will partner with the autonomous vehicles teams. Advising the USDOT, NHTSA, etc. in topics such as safety, planning, and strategy. Expertise with autonomous vehicle software, hardware, sensors, etc. is necessary to succeed in this role. This role will also require:
- A Background in safety and autonomous vehicles.
- Collaboration, you will be collaborating with the best in the industry to innovate and navigate the federal landscape.
- Ability to bring the expertise out to the general market/build partnerships.
- Experience with planning/strategy with transportation on a large scale.
- You must have experience working with automotive and roadway safety practitioners, federal regulators, state and local government representatives, researchers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience with USDOT, NHTSA, and stakeholders is a massive bonus.
- Working cross-functionally to collaborate with the expert autonomous vehicles teams.
- Expertise with software, hardware, sensors, etc. involved inside and outside of the vehicle.
Your Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be someone that has extensive experience in robotics and autonomous systems, specifically in MBSE. Along with the ability to articulate autonomy-specific challenges, discuss issues, and identify gaps.
- US Citizenship or Green Card Holder given the nature of the work
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree involving electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, software engineering, or a similar field.
- C++, Python, and sensors experience
- Expertise/experience with ADS (automated driving system), CV (connected vehicles), and ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems).
- This role is ideal for a hands-on engineer that has advanced to a strategy role and is looking to make a major impact.
- MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Ph.D. is a plus
This defense company offers a competitive base salary along with some of the best benefits in the field.
- Great hours for a manageable work-life balance.
- Compensation to keep up your education in the field
- Opportunity to be part of a creative and reliable team with excellent growth opportunities.
- Working on projects that will lead to real-life safety innovations.
How to Apply
Please register your interest by sending your resume to Nicolas Gonzales via the Apply link on this page.
Computer Vision | Artificial Intelligence | C++| Computer Vision | Autonomous Vehicles | Strategy | Planning | SLAM | ROS | LiDAR | Deep Learning | ADS | ADAS | CV
Expected salary: $160000 – 180000 per year
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 03:16:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for your interest in our job position position. We consider that this is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional like you to take the next step in your career in the automotive industry. If you are an ambitious and client-centered individual with an enthusiasm for cars, we encourage you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and possibly welcoming you to our team.