Our team are hunting for a highly motivated and experienced Expert in the car industry to be a member of our team. If you have a track record of success in the vehicle industry, and a love for cars and customer service, we encourage you to submit your application for this position. As a Vehicle Specialist at our firm, you will have the opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals and considerably impact the vehicle industry. We are looking for a goal-oriented candidate who can assist us in achieving our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Automotive Service Technician
Company: Valley Honda
Job description: Company Overview
Valley Honda is 100% Employee-Owned Company. Our Honda dealership serves the community by providing sales of new and used vehicles, vehicle maintenance and repairs, and Honda genuine parts sales. Valley Honda is the largest volume Honda dealer in the state of Illinois. When you step into our dealership, you’ll understand why we’re different. For 16 consecutive years, our team has won the Honda President’s award, the most prestigious and coveted honor that Honda can grant to its dealerships. Recently, we were awarded DealerRater’s Dealer of the Year in recognition of customer satisfaction. We offer great benefits, opportunities for advancement, and we are closed on Sundays. We believe our growth and success comes from our employees having a stake in our Employee -Owned Company. We count on everyone to work together towards one common goal- providing all clients with the best experience possible!
An Automotive Technician’s focus is producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines, and procedures. Precise, consistent productivity is essential. It requires patience and a willingness to handle and complete multiple tasks accurately. We provide job knowledge through structured Factory training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers.
- 5 Day Work Week
- Consistent Work Schedule
- Closed on Sundays
- Production incentivized Pay Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Parts, Service and Sales Discounts
- Exceptional customer service skills. Must be courteous and have excellent communication and listening skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Dexterity. Many tasks that service technicians do, such as disassembling engine parts, connecting or attaching components, and using hand tools, require a steady hand and good hand-eye coordination.
- Strong mechanical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated personality
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude
- A strong commitment to safety
- Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and expertise
- Diagnose, maintain and repair automotive systems
- Communicate any additional service needs with Service Advisor
- Provide estimates of time and labor needed for other repairs
- Execute repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Stay up to date on new technology and techniques as required in a rapidly changing automotive environment
- Keep the shop neat and clean, and be able to account for all dealership owned tools at all times
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an automotive technician (mechanic)
- ASE Certifications or manufacturer training is a plus
- Comfortable operating electronic diagnostic equipment
- Physically able to perform assigned tasks including lifting 85 pounds (or more) able to bend, stretch, kneel, squat and stand for extended periods
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with less than 4 points and no history of reckless driving
- Consent to a background check and drug screening
- Expect consistent exposure to moving parts, chemicals, dust, dirt, loud noises, and inclement weather conditions.
Location: Aurora, IL
Job date: Sat, 08 Jul 2023 07:32:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for your evaluation in our job offer position. We believe that this is a stimulating opportunity for an experienced professional like you to take the next step in your career in the vehicle industry. If you are a driven and service-oriented individual with an enthusiasm for cars, we urge you to apply for this position. We are excited to hearing from you soon and perhaps welcoming you to our team.