Our team are delighted to offer a fresh job opening for an experienced Vehicle professional. If you are enthusiastic about the car industry, we urge you to submit your application for this position. As an Automotive Expert at our company, you will have the opportunity to team up with an accomplished crew of professionals and considerably impact the car industry. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Job title: Automotive Showroom Installer
Company: Safe Fleet
Job description: Meet the Smart Safety Company
At Safe Fleet our name says it all. We make fleet vehicles – and everyone in and around them – safer. Our fleet safety platform brings together best-in-class products, ground-breaking technology, and a 100-year history of fleet know-how and innovation to solve the world’s biggest fleet safety problems.
Our core value is safety. Without safety first, efficiency and productivity are not possible. This is true for our products, our culture, and our relationship with our community. Our vision is to reduce preventable deaths and injuries in and around fleet vehicles with a goal of ZERO accidents.
Work for the Smart Safety Company
At American Van Equipment, we offer a range of high-quality, road-tested van shelving and storage products. General contract service companies and fleet operators have been relying on American Van’s safe and secure cargo van and work truck storage solutions since 1978.
Work for the Smart Safety Company
JOB SUMMARY: The Installation/Assembly Technician is responsible for installing electrical and mechanical accessories into work vans and box trucks that meet strict company and automotive safety standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Automotive DC 12 Volt experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and follow technical specifications for the installation of low voltage equipment on work trucks, vans and equipment is preferred
- Assemble and install metal shelving units, accessories, and ladder racks
- Assists with proper assembly of shelving units for customer pickups and installations
- Assists customers with loading of pickup orders and assists with moving customer vehicles in/out of warehouse
- Utilizes appropriate resources, such as the parts manual and computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems, determine most effective and efficient method for installation or repairs.
- Diagnose and repair electrical component and systems related issues with safety as the top priority.
- Maintain warehouse tools and equipment
- Assists management with receiving inventory on a need basis
- Abide by all company policies and safety rules and assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance when challenges arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read work instructions.
- Written communication
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Problem solving
- Computer skills.
- A minimum of 1+ years of experience in 12-volt installations and/or commercial vehicle installs or upfits
- Ability to work additional hours, including weekends, in accordance with business needs and other demands of the position
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings and wiring schematics
- Drivers license preferred (to move customer vehicles)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; Reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and lift up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PPE REQUIREMENTS: In compliance with OSHA standards it has been determined that Safety glasses and steel toe footwear are required on the plant floor.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Working environment is in an unheated/air- conditioned manufacturing/warehouse setting where the employee may be exposed to dust, odors, oils, cleaning solvents, lubricants, or noise.
At Safe Fleet you are empowered to build a career that will take you where you want to go. You’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the tools necessary to achieve personal success. We offer a comprehensive compensation package, including Medical, Dental, 401K and more!
We’re a background check, pre-hire drug screen and physical company, where allowed by law
*Safe Fleet does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 23:35:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for considering this thrilling opportunity to become a part of our team in this car industry. We believe that our company provides a unique and rewarding work environment, with chances for growth. If you are zealous about the car industry and have the expertise and knowledge we are looking for, we encourage you to turn in your application today. We are eagerly anticipating hearing from you soon and perhaps welcoming you to our team.