If you are a creative and innovative person in the auto industry with a love for cars, we have a captivating opportunity for you to join our team. As a Car Expert at our organization, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, collaborate with a skilled team of professionals, and considerably impact the vehicle industry. We are in search of someone who is dedicated, industrious, and has a keen eye for the vehicle industry. If this sounds like you, we urge you to send in your resume for this job.
Job title: Automotive Technician – David McDavid Honda of Frisco
Company: Asbury Automotive Group
Job description: Requisition ID 2023-40545
Brand David McDavid Automotive Group
Category Service Technicians
Position Type Regular Full-Time
#1 Honda Store in Texas is currently seeking Experienced Automotive Service Technicians
to join David McDavid Honda Frisco!
Great Team Culture
Flexible Schedule with Work/Life Balance
401k plans with company matching
Above Market Pay
As a Service Technician at McDavid Honda Frisco, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our business while earning the pay you deserve and awesome benefits!
Pay and Recognition:
- Weekly pay
- Paid holidays & paid time off
- Paid training
- Stock equity grant awards (select management and front-line team member’s eligible!)
Insurance / Retirement:
- Insurance: medical, vision, dental, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity plans
- Paid parental and pregnancy disability leave available after one year
- Health savings
- Flex spending accounts (tax free)
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans
- Life Insurance (Whole Life and Term)
- Holiday savings with company match
- 401k with company match
Learning, Tuition Assistance and Career Development:
- Digital career path tool to assist with career development
- Continuous training through Asbury University
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Student loan relief resources
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service repairs
- Scholarship awards
- Opportunities to join our community service initiatives
- Aggressive Employee referral program with bonus opportunities
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Master or Level “A” Service Technician has the responsibility of understanding and completing perplex work necessary for the repair of a customer’s vehicle. This individual will be directly involved in the repair and diagnosis of major components, removing and replacing parts as needed. This individual will be extremely familiar and seasoned in a particular manufacturer line and have received all manufacturer certifications including but not limited to engine mechanical, engine control systems, electric, hydraulic brake systems, suspension, heating/air conditioning, instruments/gauges, drivability, intermittent issues and noises.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Make accurate use of the multi-point inspection form on each vehicle
- Document all work performed and recommended on assigned repair order
- Communicate with service advisor when additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time
- Maintain technician proficiency as specified by Asbury standards
- Conduct road test to determine work needed and to confirm work was successfully completed when necessary and practical
- Utilize product and technical training as assigned by the manufacturer and management
- Participate in manufacturer-sponsored training programs and schools to continuously expand your knowledge of new technology
- Maintain manufacturer (CSI) Customer Satisfaction Index at or above the Asbury specified goal(s) in service for district, regional and national scores
- Complete the work, notations and time-keeping necessary to the successful completion of warranty repair orders and the filing of warranty claims
- Report to management any situation or condition that would jeopardize the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its customers or employees
- Perform all levels of diagnosis and repair on automobile, and or, light truck vehicles
- Utilize hand held devices to diagnose malfunctions
- Assist and help fellow technicians in the shop with vehicle diagnosis
- Participate in the training and developing of novice team members/technicians in the shop
- Take care to ensure that customer’s vehicles are returned to them as clean as they were prior to being serviced
- Understand and complete required training for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Comply with all federal, state and local laws, as well as company policy, regarding safeguarding all customer vehicles, property and information
- ASE certifications heavily preferred
- Manufacturer certifications heavily preferred
- Previous automotive technician experience required
- Must have basic tools
- Must have great technical and mechanical skills
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work repetitively on complex tasks
- Must be a minimum of eighteen years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening (background & drug test)
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Location: Frisco, TX
Job date: Tue, 04 Jul 2023 07:58:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for your curiosity in our job offer. We are sure that this is a distinctive opportunity for a skilled professional like you to have an impact in the field of cars. If you are a hard-working and thorough individual who is enthusiastic about vehicles, we urge you to apply for this position. We eagerly anticipate hearing from you shortly and perhaps welcoming you to our team.