If you are a creative and innovative person in the Automotive Industry with a love for cars, we have a captivating opportunity for you to join our team. As a Car Specialist at our firm, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, team up with a skilled team of professionals, and substantially impact the automotive industry. We are in search of someone who is devoted, diligent, and has a sharp eye for the vehicle industry. If this sounds like you, we advise you to submit your application for this position.
Job title: Boston Whaler- Quality Engineering Manager
Job description: It is our people behind life’s passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you’ve found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Oversees all aspects of quality engineering and supplier quality for all new and existing products. Manages corrective and preventive actions to improve overall quality. Manages supplier quality program. Drives quality initiatives during product development. Develop policies and quality related procedures. Manages technical training program.
Boson Whaler employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of employment which include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, quarterly bonus program, a perfect attendance program, paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents, and much more! Boston Whaler offers paid vacation time that is accrued over each bi-weekly paycheck plus 80 hours of paid holidays. We pride ourselves on growing our people potential and encourage career growth within our facilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure required parts and raw materials are ready to run when they are scheduled, from raw material stock to lines, between lines, and between the warehouse and the lines.
- Leads team of quality engineering and supplier quality professionals.
- Drives cross functional projects with manufacturing, supply chain, production, quality, and product engineering teams to improve quality.
- Leads corrective and preventive actions related to improve customer satisfaction, reduce wastes, and increase efficiency by driving engineering, and manufacturing changes to improve product quality.
- Works with suppliers to establish product and performance specifications, inspection criteria and procedures, documentation, and corrective action guidelines.
- Manages supplier quality performance through flowing down requirements, incoming / sourcing inspection, quality audits and performance management activities.
- Leads quality initiatives during product development phases through the proper execution of APQP to ensure flawless launch of new product.
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Implements and maintains quality standards, equipment, processes, and documentation for all aspects of quality.
- Coordinates process audits to SOP’s and drives applicable actions.
- Develops quality related technical training to operations to ensure compliance with established quality policies and procedures; meets or exceeds customer quality expectations and standards; ISO and other certification requirements.
- Analyzes data to identify trends in product quality or defects with a goal of mitigating and preventing recurrence and future defects.
- Coordinates quality management reviews to achieve quality goals.
- Identifies and executes improvements to all aspects of product quality.
- Organizes and prioritizes work with minimal guidance and manages priorities, projects, and special requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Establishes short term and long-term goals for division growth and sustainability as it relates to quality.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience in quality field
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of International Standard ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
PREFERREDADDITIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Lean Six Sigma green belt
- Automotive, or similar industry quality experience
- Experience Auditing manufacturing and administrative processes.
- High competency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio, and Access
- Demonstrate successful use of project management tools
- Experience writing policy and procedures within a Quality Management Systems
SHIFT & WORK SCHEDULE
- The standard work schedule for this position is Monday – Thursday 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Fridays 7:00 AM- 11:00 AM
WORK ENVOIRNMENT & PHYSCIAL REQUIREMENTS
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shop floor working environment.
- Shop floor is non-climate controlled. Temperature fluctuates with outside environmental conditions, such as air temperature, radiant heat from sunlight, air movement, and humidity levels.
- Frequent exposure to high-temperatures, including a hot and humid environment, especially during summer months.
- Noise level is moderate with intervals of spikes
- Required to wear safety glasses, hearing protection, and utilize other safety equipment and personal protect equipment (PPE) while present on the production/shop floor.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, resins, fiberglass dust & cloths, epoxy, composites, and other chemicals.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of times.
- Ability to regularly bend, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, reach, climb, and lift or move up to 35 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law – click for more information
and Privacy Policies
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: or 866-278-6942.
All job offers will come to you via the candidate portal you create when applying through a posted position through . If you are ever unsure about what is being required of you during the application process or its source, please contact HR Shared Services at 866-278-6942 or .
#Brunswick Corporation – Boston Whaler
Location: Edgewater, FL
Job date: Fri, 05 May 2023 00:34:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for considering this exciting opportunity to join our team in this Automotive Industry. We are convinced that our company presents an exceptional and fulfilling work environment, with opportunities for growth. If you are zealous about the vehicle industry and have the expertise and experience we are looking for, we advise you to submit your application today. We are looking forward to hearing from you shortly and potentially welcoming you to our team.