Our team are thrilled to present a fresh job opening for an experienced Automotive professional. If you are zealous about the car industry, we urge you to apply for this role. As a Vehicle Technician at our organization, you will have the chance to collaborate with an accomplished group of professionals and considerably impact the vehicle industry. We can’t wait to receiving your application!
Job title: Controls Engineering Supervisor (Hybrid)
Company: Piston Automotive
Job description: Responsibilities
- Part of Plant Leadership team responsible for achieving goals as defined by Piston Executive Team.
- Supervise and oversee all maintenance, controls engineering, and IT activities.
- Make financial decisions in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Customer interface as required.
- Problem solving utilizing appropriate tools (8D, etc.)
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of various projects.
- Main interface with all outside vendors and contractors.
- Oversee coordination of all process, equipment and controls updates between plant and corporate engineering.
- Provide lead troubleshooting ability.
- Develop team to improve decision-making process and problem solving capabilities.
- Drive lean concepts (5S, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization. Implement process improvements.
- Develop and track maintenance and capital equipment budgets.
- Develop, schedule and track preventive maintenance for entire facility.
- Coordinate/approve the required purchase of spare parts and inventory system.
- Oversee the Inspection, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Ensure team follows all standard safety/environmental procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining plant floor layout in AutoCad, including line side and storage locations. Initial Layout to come from Corporate Engineering.
- Support of Detroit operation as required (training for maintenance or resource allocation)
- Work a schedule that supports a 3 crew 7 day/week operation.
- Maintenance Technicians, Controls Engineer, IT Tech
- Goal setting/performance reviews
- Provide timely feedback and drive accountability with team
- Communication meetings
- System adherence
- To perform the job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills. Computer literacy and proficiency are also required.
- Strong working knowledge of Manual and Automated Assembly Systems and Technologies, including both mechanical and control systems.
- Strong Knowledge of DC Torque Systems (Tech Motive, Stanley & Bosch)
- Knowledge of Vision Systems (Cognex)
- Strong Knowledge of industrial safety & solutions.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and repair
- Sufficient mechanical knowledge and experience to identify and correct mechanical malfunctions
- Proficient in electrical repair and machinery installation
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and plumbing
- Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the work place and display proper judgment in responding to them
- Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, vendor manuals, technical data and work orders
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy and proficiency are required, must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, AutoCAD LT and misc CAD viewers.
- Self-motivator who works with minimal direction, makes decisions independently, and is able to motivate others to complete the task at hand.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Ability to operate in a team oriented environment
Location: Redford, MI
Job date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 05:25:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for your interest in our job opportunity. We are certain that this is a distinctive opportunity for a skilled professional like you to make a difference in the field of automotive. If you are a hard-working and thorough individual who is enthusiastic about automotive, we advise you to apply for this position. We eagerly anticipate hearing from you shortly and possibly welcoming you to our team.