Our company are looking for an extremely motivated and knowledgeable Expert in the Automotive Industry to be a member of our team. If you have a proven track record in the automotive industry, and an intense interest in cars and customer service, we urge you to apply for this role. As a Car Specialist at our company, you will have the opportunity to work with an accomplished team of professionals and substantially impact the automotive industry. We are looking for a performance-focused candidate who can support us in reaching our goals and expand our business.
Job title: Director of AI Engineering & Data Science
Job description: Canopy is a brand-new company with a unique mission, solving for one of the biggest and growing challenges vehicle owners face – the threat of theft. A start-up with a compelling proposition, patented cutting-edge AI technology, and a unique layer of expert monitoring from security specialists, we’re backed by Ford and ADT. Together, we’re determined to help vehicle owners stay one step ahead of potential threats by warning them before they happen. Our next step is to take our service to market and write the next big security technology success story. We’re all in. Are you?
You can read more about us .
The Canopy team is a global product team delivering connected security solutions for vehicles which deliver customers ultimate peace of mind. You would be joining a team of highly motivated individuals in a fast-paced environment where cross-functional sub-teams are all working towards a common goal. This is an opportunity to build impactful products that are deployed in the real world.
The Director of AI Engineering & Data Science role is highly visible and impactful, shaping how cutting edge AI technologies are engineered and implemented within Canopy products. This role will be great for you if you are motivated by solving real world problems through innovative solutions now, while preserving a passion and excitement for what the future holds.
- Provide thought leadership in state-of-the-art machine learning techniques.
- Design and establish our data science practice, helping to steer product feature development and prioritization.
- Consult on technology and AI policy across the business, including work with relevant company leaders and stakeholders on the upcoming EU AI Act.
- Lead, manage, and grow a multi-disciplinary team of machine learning, data, and MLOps engineers and managers.
- Bring production-grade AI/ML solutions to market, leveraging industry benchmark best practices.
- Collaborate and ensure AI technology roadmap is aligned with the strategic vision of VP of Engineering and VP of Product.
- Foster user empathy amongst teams to uncover disruptive AI innovation.
- Define innovation goals, such as patent filings, for the team.
- Champion experimentation with new models and techniques.
- Oversee data mining and collection procedures.
- Ensure data quality and integrity; uphold ethics and fairness of AI.
- Master level degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Significant experience as a director of engineering (or similar) leading and growing high-performing engineering teams and managing managers
- Demonstrated experience in applied AI/ML in at least two of the following areas Computer Vision, Audio Processing, Mixed Reality, Data Analytics, Affective Computing
- Extensive experience in at least one cloud platform (ex. AWS) and associated machine learning services (ex. Amazon SageMaker)
- Excellent knowledge across Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Numpy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.
- Proven success bringing a product to market with AI capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain and discuss machine learning concepts with colleagues and business leaders of varied levels and backgrounds
- Have expertise and deep interest in AI ethics and data governance, with up-to-date knowledge of the AI governance landscape.
- Have strong knowledge or awareness of ethics & diversity issues in areas including (but not limited to) research, healthcare, personal security or automotive security.
*With a global team, our benefits will vary depending on location – for more information, please ask*
- Medical, dental, vision cover
- Life Insurance
- Retirement planning: 401K or UK pension scheme contributions
- Employee assistance program- wellness & mental health support
- Continuous education support/allowance
- Flexible work from home policy
- Generous paid time off per year
- Paid community outreach days: 2
- Wellness day observed on the last Friday of every month
- Parental leave: Generous Maternity, Paternity & Adoption leave, with 10 days full pay if there is a loss of child due to stillbirth, miscarriage.
- Ford plan car discount program
- Bereavement support
Support – Canopy is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Canopy will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Collective Spirit: We thrive as a team of unique individuals, fostering our diverse community as we forge ahead on this journey together.
Growth Mindset: We are accelerating at speed, building our resilience and always growing our capabilities to adapt to the fast-changing market.
Build Your Expertise: We apply our intelligence, continuously inventing to push cutting edge innovation and future-proof our technology.
Human Centric: We prioritize experiences, putting people at the core, proactively identifying potential needs and offering customized solutions.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion At Canopy, we’re on a mission to end theft from vehicles and revolutionize vehicle security by building cutting-edge technology.
We will achieve this by prioritizing individuals and staying attuned to the evolving needs of our people, users, and industry trends. We foster a workplace culture that embraces diversity and authenticity, enabling us to flourish as a team of exceptional individuals working towards a common purpose. We gain a deeper understanding of our users’ experiences by continuously improving our skills and expanding our knowledge. A more diverse, equitable, and inclusive Canopy leads to greater innovation and success.
Expected salary: $160000 – 200000 per year
Location: Detroit, MI
Job date: Thu, 11 May 2023 22:40:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for thinking about this exciting opportunity to be a member of our team in this Automotive Industry. We are confident that our company presents a distinctive and rewarding work environment, with prospects for advancement. If you are enthusiastic about the vehicle industry and have the abilities and knowledge we are looking for, we advise you to turn in your application today. We are eagerly anticipating hearing from you shortly and perhaps welcoming you to our team.