Our company are excited to offer a new job opening for an experienced Automotive professional. If you are passionate about the automotive industry, we advise you to send in your resume for this job. As a Vehicle Specialist at our firm, you will have the chance to collaborate with a talented team of professionals and considerably impact the vehicle industry. We eagerly anticipate to reviewing your application!
Job title: Engineering Internship
Job description: Job Title Engineering Internship
Give your career a lift! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial forklift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for developing and emerging Engineering students at our Warehouse Product Development Center located in Greenville, NC.
HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, markets, and services a complete range of application-tailored lift trucks that are transforming the way the world moves materials. As a leader in the Materials Handling industry, HYG have been building relationships with our customers, suppliers, dealers, and employees for over 90 years.
We are looking for team-oriented candidates with strong problem solving and developing engineering skill sets.
As an Engineering Intern, you will work in a product development team creating HYG’s next generation of industry leading lift trucks. You will assist team to design innovative, high quality new components and system solutions that provide lowest cost of ownership while maintaining the best overall value to our customers. You will work with team to integrate their system designs into the overall truck assembly. As member of team, you will participate in all active new product development team activities ranging from concept work to start of production support. In addition, you will be provided opportunity to learn fundamental principles of design via an independent design project.
The successful Engineering Intern will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Enrollment in bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering curriculum
- Strong communicator with great verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- A willingness to learn
The ideal Engineer Intern will have the following Preferred Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of CAD 3D modeling (Preference to NX)
- Knowledge of vehicle and/or automotive technology
- Skilled in mechanical design; knowledge of manufacturing technology
- Demonstrated involvement in the extra circular activities that demonstrate leadership and initiative
A HYG Design Engineer position has the following Key Accountabilities:
- Design lift truck components and assemblies that meet system requirements and cost goals
- Integrate Design for Assembly/Manufacturability/Service considerations into solutions
- Create 3D component and assembly models and assemble into truck level virtual models
- Participate in cross functional team design reviews
- Order prototype parts in support of verification testing and/or truck builds
- Provide engineering support during critical manufacturing truck builds such as Pilot and Start of Production
- Resolve manufacturing/production design issues and initial warranty/field problems
If you are excited about this internship opportunity but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every qualification listed, we still encourage you to apply. Your unique talents may still be a great fit for this internship, or a similar opportunity at HYG
Job ID 1899
Employment Type Full time
Primary Location HYG US Greenville, NC (WPDC)
Address 5200 Martin Luther King Jr Hwy
Zip Code 27834
Relocation Assistance Available No
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Location: Greenville, NC
Job date: Tue, 09 May 2023 22:37:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for your evaluation in our job opportunity position. We think that this is a thrilling opportunity for an experienced professional like you to take the next step in your career in the automotive industry. If you are a motivated and client-centered individual with a love for vehicles, we urge you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and perhaps welcoming you to our team.