We are looking for an extremely motivated and knowledgeable Expert in the Automotive Industry to join our team. If you have a proven track record in the car industry, and a passion for cars and customer service, we urge you to submit your application for this position. As a Vehicle Specialist at our company, you will have the opportunity to work with an accomplished team of professionals and significantly impact the car industry. We are looking for a goal-oriented individual who can assist us in achieving our goals and develop our business.
Job title: Field Application Engineer – Automotive
Job description: Worker Sub-Type: Regular
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure operating systems, hypervisors, frameworks and development tools, and provides expert support and services for building the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded experts. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded, and provides time-tested and trusted foundation software, including our deterministic microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), safety-certified products, middleware and security solutions, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than , 23 of the top 25 EV manufacturers and is running in more than 175 million vehicles globally. Global leaders such as Audi, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, General Electric, and Honeywell depend on QNX technology for their in-car electronics, medical devices, industrial automation systems, and other mission- or life-critical applications.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Working as a Field Application Engineer, you will be working directly with automotive customers as a technical account owner to drive revenue through the adoption of QNX software and services as part of the Sales team. You’ll be the key technical resource on the team, working in a pre and post-sales capacity and will be responsible for owning customer technical relationships, advising customers in design decisions and representing QNX at regional events, trade shows, and webinars.
In return for your talent and enthusiasm, we will provide you with an attractive compensation, commission & benefits package, an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology, and the chance to thrive in a dynamic environment, working hand in hand with talented colleagues. In short, you bring the talent and we provide the environment, tools and resources for you to build your skillset and accelerate your growth & personal development.
In this role, you will:
- Be the face of the company, acting as a liaison between customers and QNX R&D, Engineering Services, and Product Management departments
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge of QNX solutions to customers and prospects in both a pre-sale and post-sale capacity
- Support wider sales team in a technical and consultative manner including analysing customer design requirements, offering feasibility/ scope assessments to customer requests, and other activities as required
- Manage customer’s technical requirements (through various support and engineering departments) from the development phase to the commercial release
- Build and maintain positive customer (technical staff) relations with active customers to encourage new development projects and appropriate upgrades
- Deliver pre-sales software development work (demos, benchmarking, high-level customer design assistance, initial environment set-up, on occasion may be asked to participate in select development relating to customer-specific needs, etc.)
- Prepare and present technical material to customers either on-site or virtual, and represent BlackBerry Technology Solutions/QNX at regional trade shows, speaking engagements, webinars or in concert with our large customers
- Develop, and maintain a technical knowledge base of competitive intelligence. Provide recommendations to Marketing and Sales on technical requirements to constantly improve and enhance customer experience
You will have:
- Experience in interfacing between customers and engineering
- Demonstrated software development, design and architecture experience with a focus on embedded system development, real-time programming, or similar low-level programming with C, Assembly, or C++
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar, or equivalent meaningful experience
- Experience working in Linux development environments
- Strong and influential interpersonal and relationship-building skills in both German and English
- Automotive segment vertical market experience
- Broad general knowledge of the high-tech and Automotive industry
- Thorough knowledge and ongoing awareness of current marketing concepts and practices
- General and strategic business management, creative and visionary planning, analysis and decision-making, effective leadership, communications and customer relations skills
- Business trips are required as needed, averaging 25% of the time
- Technical experience in RTOS solutions from competitive providers such as Wind River, Green Hills, Vector or similar vendors would be deemed an asset
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Location: Novi, MI
Job date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 06:03:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for your inquisitiveness in our job opening. We are certain that this is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled professional like you to make a difference in the field of vehicles. If you are a diligent and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about vehicles, we urge you to apply for this position. We eagerly anticipate hearing from you soon and perhaps welcoming you to our team.