Our team are hunting for a highly motivated and experienced Specialist in the Automotive Industry to join our team. If you have a proven track record in the vehicle industry, and an intense interest in cars and customer service, we encourage you to submit your application for this role. As an Automotive Specialist at our firm, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a skilled team of professionals and significantly impact the automotive industry. We are looking for a results-driven candidate who can support us in reaching our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Functional Owner – Automotive
Company: Aeris Communications
Job description: The “Internet of Things” (IoT) is expected to grow to $19 trillion over the next 10 years as 50 billion devices are brought online. Aeris is at the forefront of this industry, building networks and applications to enable Fortune 500 clients to fundamentally improve their businesses.
Aeris is a valued supplier to automotive OEM’s including Volkswagen and Mitsubishi. Our award-winning connected vehicle platform – the Aeris Mobility Suite – provides our customers with significant advantages in functionality, time-to-market, and performance. No competitor comes close to matching us. Our automotive business is growing rapidly just with existing customers, and is at the cusp of hypergrowth based on the multi-billion dollar addressable market. We are seeking a Product Owner to join us on this journey.
In this role you will be the face to the internal customer and responsible for managing the end-to-end Plan-Build-Run implementation of an approved program. This includes the fulfilment of timeline milestones for technical decisions. You will be the expert concerning the operation of connectivity features and how they function for each new vehicle platform. You will be responsible for the critical task of defining technical requirements through the process. You will manage the product lifecycle and steer the technical implementation of these new features and functions through the end of production.
- Full lifecycle/end-to-end program execution (Plan-Build-Run)
- Build relationships with and ensure the alignment across distributed teams, cross functional groups, key stakeholders and other influencers (internal and external), ecosystem partners, and including field support teams
- Lead concept definition, technical feasibility, and champion through cross functional and global teams for feedback, input and approvals
- Define and document functional requirements for automotive systems, including safety, performance, and user experience requirements
- Develop and maintain functional specifications, including use cases, state diagrams, and other design artifacts
- Monitors decisions made across teams and throughout the lifecycle include development, testing, and support • Work closely and support teams to answer questions, prioritize deliverables, and facilitate reviews
- Actively manage priorities to mitigate risks and roadblocks to ensure completed of feature release
- 10+ years Technical Product Management experience
- 3+ years Systems/Software Engineering
- Experience working with large-scale production systems • Ability to learn new technologies, propose and evaluate options, conduct POCs and provide recommendations
- Automotive experience required
*Aeris walks the walk on diversity. We are a brilliant mix of varying ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages and professional/personal/military experiences – and that’s by design. Different perspectives are essential to our culture, innovative process and competitive edge. Aeris is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
**COVID-19 vaccination is required and Aeris will consider accommodations for disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs.
Apply for this position
Apply with Indeed
We’ve received your resume. Click to update it.
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or
Paste your resume here or
We require our employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Are you currently vaccinated, or do you agree to get vaccinated should we offer you the position?*
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?*
Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status?*
The following questions are entirely optional.
To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 01:12:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for your interest in our job opportunity. We are sure that this is a unique opportunity for a skilled professional like you to make a difference in the field of automotive. If you are an industrious and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about cars, we advise you to apply for this position. We eagerly anticipate hearing from you in the near future and perhaps welcoming you to our team.