Our team are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Professional in the auto industry to be a member of our team. If you have a history of success in the vehicle industry, and a love for cars and customer service, we advise you to submit your application for this job. As a Car Professional at our organization, you will have the opportunity to work with an accomplished team of professionals and significantly impact the automotive industry. We are looking for a performance-focused individual who can support us in reaching our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Manufacturing Engineering Lead
Company: Magna International
Job description: Job Number: 57302
Group: Magna Exteriors
Division: AIM SYSTEMS
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
The Magna Exteriors portfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightweight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for the general and specific job duties as described below
- Develop and maintain a value stream map for each assembly manufacturing process inside the facility.
- Utilize lean manufacturing principles to reduce inventory and develop single piece flow production systems.
- Support 5S implementation and assist in training employees on the 5S principles.
- Work with program management to ensure facility readiness for all new program launches.
- Develop requirements for new program launches consisting of process flow, estimated cycle times, required labor, error proofing systems and capital equipment to support.
- Review component and assembly designs to ensure that all products have been designed for assembly.
- Develop and obtain capital funding for required plant equipment, tools and programs.
- Responsible for creating and managing process core documents such as Control Plans, FMEA’s, Process Flows and Work Instructions.
- Implement error proofing systems to prevent errors in the manufacturing process and reduce FMEA RPN values.
- Continually improve the manufacturing process efficiencies to reduce production costs.
- Maintain all assembly owned CAD process layouts.
- Has ownership of Manufacturing Execution Systems in regard to supporting implementation, designing the flow, inputting work instructions, linking with acceptance criteria’s and testing the system.
- Manage purchase order documentation consistent with IATF-16949 requirements. Create efficient paperwork systems that minimize manual paperwork.
Work Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment is required.
- Proven history of successfully managing programs from quotation through launch phase.
- Must have a minimum of (2) years’ experience in the management of both salary and hourly team members.
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in engineering or 5 years relevant working experience is required.
This position requires a person to have the ability to:
- Perform work while sitting, standing or walking a minimum of six (6) hours a day
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Location: Warren, MI
Job date: Fri, 12 May 2023 03:08:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for evaluating our job opportunity. We think that this is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled individual like you to progress your career in the field of cars industry. If you have a love for automotive, we urge you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to reviewing your application and possibly welcoming you to our team.