Our company are hunting for an extremely motivated and seasoned Specialist in the Automotive Industry to be a member of our team. If you have a history of success in the car industry, and an intense interest in cars and customer service, we encourage you to apply for this position. As a Vehicle Specialist at our company, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals and considerably impact the vehicle industry. We are looking for a results-driven person who can support us in reaching our goals and expand our business.
Job title: Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor (Hybrid)
Company: Piston Automotive
Job description: Responsibilities
- Part of Plant Leadership team responsible for achieving goals as defined by Piston Executive Team.
- Supervise and oversee all maintenance, controls engineering, and IT activities.
- Make financial decisions in accordance with budgetary guidelines.
- Customer interface as required.
- Problem solving utilizing appropriate tools (8D, etc.)
- Responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of various projects.
- Main interface with all outside vendors and contractors.
- Oversee coordination of all process, equipment and controls updates between plant and corporate engineering.
- Provide lead troubleshooting ability.
- Develop team to improve decision-making process and problem solving capabilities.
- Drive lean concepts (5S, Kanban, Visual Factory, TPM etc.) throughout the organization. Implement process improvements.
- Develop and track maintenance and capital equipment budgets.
- Develop, schedule and track preventive maintenance for entire facility.
- Coordinate/approve the required purchase of spare parts and inventory system.
- Oversee the Inspection, maintenance and repair of equipment
- Ensure team follows all standard safety/environmental procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining plant floor layout in AutoCad, including line side and storage locations. Initial Layout to come from Corporate Engineering.
- Support of Detroit operation as required (training for maintenance or resource allocation)
- Work a schedule that supports a 3 crew 7 day/week operation.
- Maintenance Technicians, Controls Engineer, IT Tech
- Goal setting/performance reviews
- Provide timely feedback and drive accountability with team
- Communication meetings
- System adherence
- To perform the job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills. Computer literacy and proficiency are also required.
- Strong working knowledge of Manual and Automated Assembly Systems and Technologies, including both mechanical and control systems.
- Strong Knowledge of DC Torque Systems (Tech Motive, Stanley & Bosch)
- Knowledge of Vision Systems (Cognex)
- Strong Knowledge of industrial safety & solutions.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance and repair
- Sufficient mechanical knowledge and experience to identify and correct mechanical malfunctions
- Proficient in electrical repair and machinery installation
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and plumbing
- Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the work place and display proper judgment in responding to them
- Ability to read and comprehend instructional manuals, vendor manuals, technical data and work orders
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy and proficiency are required, must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, AutoCAD LT and misc CAD viewers.
- Self-motivator who works with minimal direction, makes decisions independently, and is able to motivate others to complete the task at hand.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Ability to operate in a team oriented environment
Location: Redford, MI
Job date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 00:55:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for your interest in our job position position. We think that this is a thrilling opportunity for an experienced professional like you to take the next step in your career in the vehicle industry. If you are an ambitious and service-oriented individual with a love for cars, we encourage you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and potentially welcoming you to our team.