In case you are someone with a creative and innovative mind in the auto industry with an intense interest in cars, we have a thrilling opportunity for you to be a part of our team. As an Automotive Specialist at our organization, you will have the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge projects, team up with an accomplished team of professionals, and significantly impact the vehicle industry. We are in search of someone who is dedicated, industrious, and has a sharp eye for the automotive industry. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to send in your resume for this position.
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer, Closures Architecture – New Programs Engineering
Job description: The New Programs Engineering team works at the front end of vehicle design and development, working in an iterative environment to study, simulate, build, and prove Tesla’s future vehicle design concepts. This position requires frequent interaction with Design and Vehicle Engineering teams, most closely with our Interior, Exterior, Body-in-White and Closures Systems cross-functional partners. This is a mechanical design engineering position where product design expertise and a fundamental, first principles approach to problem solving are far more important than extensive project engineering or automotive industry specific experience.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to balance tight deadlines with demanding engineering requirements. Additionally, they must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with external and internal teams.
- Develop closures designs from initial concepts through to design & release of prototype level components and systems that represent future production vehicles. Assessment of mass, cost, manufacturing feasibility, function, etc.
- Closures Geometric Architecture Development: CATIA parametric design of glass barrel, glass drop, door and glass cut line, seal flanges and seal system, hinge and latch setup, liftgate and hood opening setup.
- Establish system architecture and functional feasibility.
- Support the creation of component specifications, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents.
- Resolve feasibility issues with the Design Studio team.
- Analyze concepts through both simulation and physical prototype builds
- Ensure product conforms to all market regulations governing assigned systems.
- Support vehicle milestones including prototype, pre-production, and production build events.
- Help deliver world-class craftsmanship, fit/finish and support for successful production launch.
- Innovate, develop, and improve processes continuously.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industrial design and engineering experience.
- Proficiency in CAD software using parametric elements and knowledge-based engineering tools.
- Strong understanding of GD&T.
- Ability to interpret CAE results and integrate recommendations into product designs.
- Must be proactive in improving processes and driving projects, examples of this should be provided.
- Excellent communicator, resourceful, and mindful of time management.
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Experience with automotive closures systems and prototyping of seals and other closures components.
- Capability to run FEA at part and system level.
- Knowledge of vehicle NVH as it related to closures systems.
- Prior experience with volume production.
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes for production and prototype (elastomers, composites, sheet metal).
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
$76,000 – $285,000/annual salary + cash and stock awards + benefits
Pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
Location: Hawthorne, CA
Job date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 03:57:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for your consideration in our job position position. We consider that this is a thrilling opportunity for a seasoned professional like you to take the next step in your career in the vehicle industry. If you are a driven and service-oriented individual with a love for vehicles, we advise you to apply for this position. We are eagerly anticipating hearing from you soon and possibly welcoming you to our team.