We are delighted to present a fresh job opening for a knowledgeable Automotive professional. If you are enthusiastic about the car industry, we urge you to apply for this role. As a Vehicle Expert at our firm, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals and considerably impact the automotive industry. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Job title: Plant Engineering Asst. Manager
Company: Toyota Boshoku
Job description: I. General Summary: Supervise and develop assigned function of Production Engineering (PE) team in the establishment and setup of production processes within just in time (JIT) automotive manufacturing plants.
II. Essential Job Functions:
A. Create and evaluate process plans and production preparation plans for new manufacturing processes.
B. Create and evaluate process flow, layout, work combination and equipment specs.
C. Supervise supplier selection process for sourcing of tools and equipment.
D. Control budget and track budget related activities.
E. Develop reports to allow for growth and development of the PE team.
F. Coach team members on production processes.
G. Collect and organize data in an orderly fashion to be accessed and used for future programs.
H. Discuss agreement of equipment specifications with plants.
I. Participate and guide the design, construction and installation of new tools and equipment.
J. Understand, analyze and elevate production preparation issues in a timely manner to allow for countermeasures.
K. Report production preparation status to PE management and related groups.
III. Minimum Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing or related field required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Greater than six (6) years relevant work experience required.
- Greater than two (2) years functional leadership or supervisory experience in a professional environment required.
- Prefer manufacturing experience in automotive interior components (e.g., injection, assembly, tooling, welding, and other miscellaneous components), managing projects from design to production.
- Previous budget management experience required.
- Experience with cost structures and cost reduction strategies preferred.
- Experience with PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- General understanding and working knowledge of manufacturing, assembly, and welding equipment and tooling including design, automation, robotics, or manufacturing processes (and all secondary related processes) relating to automotive interiors.
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of the industrial equipment and manufacturing processes relating to seat assembly.
- Working knowledge of robot programming for seat assembly machines (Star Automation is preferred).
- Ability to read component, assembly and equipment drawings and have an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).Practical experience applying Toyota Production System (TPS) principles in an automotive environment.
- Advanced math skills.
- Show and maintain professionalism.
- Effective project management skills.
- Proven managerial and leadership ability.
- Ability to adopt a self-directed work style.
- Excellent problem solving and people skills.
- Strong organization, planning, and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop and manage a departmental budget.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas.
- Ability to be a team leader and maintain calm in stressful situations.
- Active listener with effective leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate and work well with all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines, and handle stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment to support demanding automotive customer requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in both strategic and tactical roles.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information in verbal and written English.
- Japanese would be helpful.
- Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD.
- Unigraphics NX, and CATIA experience is preferred.
IV. Work Environment/Conditions:
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate noise level. PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. may be required in engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas. Personal attire standards may apply.
Travel: Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
V. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods of time. May be occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds. Ability to sit and work on a computer for extensive periods of time is required.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to identify the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification, as well as certain essential job functions. It is not intended, and should not be interpreted, as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of team members assigned to this job. To qualify for this job, however, a team member must be able to perform its essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Under no circumstances may this job description be construed as altering the at-will nature of the employment relationship between TBA and any team member.
Location: Jackson, TN
Job date: Fri, 05 May 2023 02:05:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for thinking about this enthralling opportunity to join our team in this Automotive Industry. We are convinced that our company offers a distinctive and satisfying work environment, with prospects for growth. If you are zealous about the car industry and have the skills and background we are looking for, we advise you to turn in your application today. We are excitedly awaiting hearing from you in the near future and possibly welcoming you to our team.