Our team are hunting for a very motivated and seasoned Specialist in the Automotive Industry to join our team. If you have a history of success in the automotive industry, and a passion for cars and customer service, we encourage you to submit your application for this role. As an Automotive Professional at our company, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of professionals and substantially impact the car industry. We are looking for a results-driven individual who can help us achieve our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Process Engineering Manager
Job description: Overview
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Engineering Manager will take responsibility for managing, mentoring, and supervising the Process Engineering Department. He/ She will also be responsible for all design of processes and assembly activities within his/her given brief. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively identify where processes can be adapted and optimized to ensure cost effectiveness. Throughout the design process, the Process Engineering Manager must possess the capabilities to drive the requirements into the development and continuous improvement of products and processes. Specifically, the Process Engineering Manager duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our supply base; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes of key personnel who contribute to the quality of the products and services offered by the organization. The Process Engineering Manager is a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus. And an articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our supply base; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strengths and weaknesses of equipment; and the strengths and weaknesses of key personnel who contribute to the quality of the products and services offered by the organization.
- Leads the Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA / Control Plan) creation and updates (with supplier participation).
- Leads engineering activities in the design, optimization and trouble-shooting of new processes and improvements in existing processes
- Leads the technical transfer of new products from research and development to high volume product commercialization
- Creates the assembly/process flow charts or supervision of supplier assembly flow charts recreation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creates Work Instructions or supervision of supplier Work Instruction creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creates Control Plans or supervision of supplier Control Plan creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Verify practices for efficiency and accuracy in order to implement processes that are safe and improve quality.
- Ensure that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping, Five S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
- Identifies manufacturing process improvements to existing process at CM and tiered supplier base to include a cost benefit analysis to allow senior evaluation and approval.
- Supports the Quality department in the qualification and selection of new suppliers by inputting a thorough evaluation of the suppliers’ manufacturing capabilities.
- Inputs manufacturing (tooling, Assembly and Manufacturing Test equipment) estimates to quotations to our potential customers.
- Conducts workflow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in material handling and shop layout.
- Establishes and maintains work standards for product costing and productivity measurement.
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as related to manufacturing process improvements.
- Manage process documentation; responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate work instructions, process control plans and standard operating procedures
- Troubleshoot complex manufacturing process performance issues; provide technical guidance to team members
- Own Manufacturing and Quality processes under scope of responsibility by initiating, coordinating and enforcing project, operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Initiate, implement, and supervise Continuous Improvement efforts, Root Cause Analysis and, Lean and Six Sigma initiatives and lead projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operation expenses
- Continuously focus on production efficiency, identify causes of downtime and proactively identify opportunities for improvement in product quality and productivity while driving out cost
- Collect and report data related to daily/weekly/monthly operating performance to management.
- Provide support to the area team to manage abnormal situations/issues, troubleshooting, etc. on a 24/7 basis as needed
- Work jointly with engineers, operators, maintenance, and supervisors to develop and implement process improvements
- Maintain documentation compliance for the Process, Health and Safety, and Quality Department
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
- Supervises, mentors, coaches, and manages the Process Engineering Department
- Supports the Process and Quality Department staff by providing ongoing training and development
- Conducts performance reviews
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all (Company Name) employees and subcontractors.
- Perform additional assignments per Operation Manager’s direction.
- Perform other duties as required.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in CQAM.00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Process preferred)
- 5 – 10 years of work experience in the industry
- Project Management skills and experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in PFMEA techniques.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch including evidence of the imposition of DFM/A into the design.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis would be beneficial
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge and/or experience in Statistical Process Control
- Experience in design for assembly and manufacturing
- Effective working skills of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong CAD skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Motion Time study Capability
- Lean Six Sigma training/certification preferred
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good computer skill
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Location: Rockford, TN
Job date: Sat, 06 May 2023 00:54:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for your interest in our job position position. We think that this is a stimulating opportunity for a skilled professional like you to take the next step in your career in the car industry. If you are a motivated and client-centered individual with a passion for automobiles, we advise you to apply for this position. We are excited to hearing from you soon and possibly welcoming you to our team.