Our company are excited to announce a fresh job opening for an experienced Vehicle professional. If you are zealous about the car industry, we advise you to apply for this position. As a Car Specialist at our organization, you will have the chance to work with a skilled group of professionals and substantially impact the automotive industry. We eagerly anticipate to hearing from you!
Job title: Program Manager (Automotive)
Company: Amphenol RF
Job description: JOIN OUR TEAM @ AMPHENOL RF, the world’s largest manufacturer of coaxial interconnect products for radio frequency, microwave, and data transmission applications, and a proven leader in enabling next-gen technology! Our global team of experienced engineers develops innovative solutions utilizing the most advanced manufacturing technology available, and we specialize in creating custom solutions that meet customer-specific design requirements. With consistent year over year growth, innovative technology, and a team that breeds success, we are always seeking top-tier, high-performing talent to join us! We are headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut, and a division of Amphenol Corporation (NYSE ticker: APH), an industry leader for more than fifty years.
At Amphenol RF, you can expect a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, FSA, employer-paid life insurance), favorable work/life balance, a generous PTO allowance and paid holidays, an engaging and collaborative work environment, numerous opportunities for career growth, and an entrepreneurial focus that encourages employees to chart their own paths.
We are currently seeking a Program Manager for our Automotive Division who will direct product development activities and coordinate cross-functional teams to execute program deliverables that meet customer milestones within an automotive phase gate process. They will lead and direct cross-functional teams to meet all internal quality and financial metrics. They will provide timely quotes, ensure that capacity needs will be met, and support continuous improvement cost reduction initiatives to meet financial goals.
1) Award new projects by working with Regional Sales, AE, Factory PM Team, and Management Team.
- Review RFQ package with Sales/Engineering/Quality/Manufacturing team to define achievable specification for quotation.
- Gather cost information from Factory PM, prepare quotation package/financial analysis/negotiating strategies for management approval, and submit budgetary quotation to customer.
- Prepare multi-round quotation/financial analysis to win against competitor, play game among LTA Business link, incoterm, MOQ, NRE absorption, L/T to maintain competitiveness.
- Prepare LOI/LON for management’s approval.
2) Drive flawless launch of awarded projects.
- Pursue NRE PO, prepare AR, and work with CS and financial team to close AR payment and NRE PO invoicing.
- Set up and attend project meetings maintaining Gantt charts for customers and meet project timing/milestones.
- Maintain financial status and meet pre-set financial goals.
- Coordinate/Supervise all document submissions per defined phase gate.
- Define project risk (4M analysis, i.e. tooling, automatic machine, capacity, supply chain, cost impact) and take proactive actions to mitigate risk.
3) Support Change Management after start of production (SOP)
- Define new specification/target for change management with customer and internal cross-functional team.
- Gather updated cost information from Factory PM for cost impact.
- Prepare new quotation package for management’s approval.
- Negotiate with customers to make new commercial agreements.
- Continue to develop additional products for automotive applications to meet next-gen requirements.
- Support forecasting and budget planning, RFQ-tracking, and implement best practices.
- Assist in global automotive projects as needed, and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel as needed to customers, production sites, and suppliers (minimum 20%).
- B.S. in technical discipline strongly preferred.
- At least 3 years of automotive experience required.
- Familiarity with APQP/PPAP phase gate development process.
- Knowledge of OEM and/or related Tier 1 suppliers’ development deliverables, milestones, and process requirements preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and project management software; exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-described team-player seeking an engaging and collaborative work environment to grow their career with an industry leader.
Amphenol RF is committed to diversity in the workplace. We offer employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally-protected status. We encourage qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply!
Location: Danbury, CT
Job date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 23:33:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for considering this exciting opportunity to become a part of our team in this auto industry. We believe that our company presents an exceptional and satisfying work environment, with prospects for growth. If you are passionate about the vehicle industry and have the expertise and knowledge we are in search of, we encourage you to turn in your application today. We are excitedly awaiting hearing from you soon and possibly welcoming you to our team.