Our team are looking for a very motivated and knowledgeable Expert in the auto industry to become a part of our team. If you have a proven track record in the car industry, and a passion for cars and customer service, we encourage you to send in your resume for this job. As an Automotive Expert at our firm, you will have the opportunity to work with an accomplished team of professionals and considerably impact the vehicle industry. We are looking for a performance-focused candidate who can support us in reaching our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Quality Engineering Co-Op
Company: Nexteer Automotive
Job description: The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with “real world” work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
Job Requisition Introductory Paragraph:
This position will allow the Student to assist with launch activities for REPS (Rack Electric Power Steering) programs. In this position, the Student will have the opportunity to work with upper-level management (Quality, Engineering and Operations) and enhance their leadership skills. Student would be asked to complete other miscellaneous tasks as they arise.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with the completion of Gage R&R’s.
- Assist Tool Inspection Supervisor with administrative work.
- Assist with REPS Software re-flashing.
- Work with Quality Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering with the Qualification of new Assembly and Machining equipment.
- Assist with Launch Activities – including PPAP’s (Production Part Approval Process) and PPAP Crib organization.
- Perform 5S improvement activities.
- Candidate must be attending a 2 year college or 4 year university local to Saginaw
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Quality or Business.
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 in the summer
- Must have cumulative 2.7 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during Fall and Winter semesters
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-989-757-5000. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Location: Saginaw, MI
Job date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 23:55:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for your inquisitiveness in our job offer. We are sure that this is a unique opportunity for a skilled professional like you to have an impact in the field of cars. If you are a hard-working and detail-oriented individual who is zealous about cars, we urge you to apply for this position. We eagerly anticipate hearing from you shortly and perhaps welcoming you to our team.