If you are someone with a creative and innovative mind in the Automotive Industry with a love for cars, we have a captivating opportunity for you to become a member of our team. As a Vehicle Expert at our organization, you will have the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge projects, collaborate with an accomplished team of professionals, and significantly impact the automotive industry. We are seeking someone who is devoted, hard-working, and has a keen eye for the car industry. If this sounds like you, we advise you to apply for this position.
Job title: Quality Engineering Co-Op
Company: Nexteer Automotive
Job description: The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with “real world” work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
Job Requisition Introductory Paragraph:
This position will allow the Student to assist with launch activities for REPS (Rack Electric Power Steering) programs. In this position, the Student will have the opportunity to work with upper-level management (Quality, Engineering and Operations) and enhance their leadership skills. Student would be asked to complete other miscellaneous tasks as they arise.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with the completion of Gage R&R’s.
- Assist Tool Inspection Supervisor with administrative work.
- Assist with REPS Software re-flashing.
- Work with Quality Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering with the Qualification of new Assembly and Machining equipment.
- Assist with Launch Activities – including PPAP’s (Production Part Approval Process) and PPAP Crib organization.
- Perform 5S improvement activities.
- Candidate must be attending a 2 year college or 4 year university local to Saginaw
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s in Engineering, Quality or Business.
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 in the summer
- Must have cumulative 2.7 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during Fall and Winter semesters
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-989-757-5000. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Location: Saginaw, MI
Job date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 02:45:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thanks for thinking about our job opportunity. We believe that this is an exceptional opportunity for a talented individual like you to progress your career in the field of cars industry. If you have a passion for automotive, we advise you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team.