Our company are excited to present a brand new job opening for a seasoned Automotive professional. If you are zealous about the car industry, we encourage you to apply for this role. As a Vehicle Technician at our firm, you will have the prospect to work with a talented group of professionals and substantially impact the vehicle industry. We can’t wait to receiving your application!
Job title: Quality Engineering Summer Intern
Company: Vishay Intertechnology
Job description: Help us build the DNA of tech.
Vishay manufactures one of the world’s largest portfolios of discrete semiconductors and passive electronic components that are essential to innovative designs in the automotive, industrial, computing, consumer, telecommunications, military, aerospace, and medical markets. We help the world’s most in-demand technologies come to life. Every day our products touch your life and the lives of people across the world, though you likely do not know it. Come join us and help us build The DNA of tech.™
Where You’ll Work & The Scope:
Vishay Spectrol is an industry leader in wirewound/non-wirewound potentiometers and hall effect controls serving customers in the aerospace, military, communications, medical, industrial, and off-road industries.
Vishay Spectrol is currently seeking a Quality Engineering Intern responsible for supporting the Quality Department with completing various projects and tasks related to the operational functions. We’re looking for a self-driven problem solver with effective communication skills & a compassion for learning. In this position, you will be mentored by experts in technology and given real, meaningful assignments that will provide quality products to our customers right away.
How You’ll Help Us Build the DNA of Tech
- Collaborates with Product Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Engineering groups to resolve failure modes attributed to supplier or internal quality, manufacturing, or design related deficiencies
- Initiate Quality Complaints to Suppliers and collect data for the financial recovery of Cost of Poor Quality
- Assist in tracking and driving MRB activities throughout the MRB functions
- Investigation of non-conformances
- Maintains updated quality documents and test procedures as directed
- Perform process audits – including machining, inspection, and assembly processes
- Assist in ISO conformances activities
- Support the Quality Department with various miscellaneous projects, laboratory testing and calibration of equipment
- Continuous Improvement Project – The intern will also spend their time working on an individualized project customized to their specific skill set which they’ll present to the Leadership Team at the end of the program (Details of the project and timeline will be laid out by management at the beginning of the program)
Experience You’ll Need:
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program and majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, a related field
- GPA of 3.0 in area of study preferred
- Related experience in a technical / manufacturing support role
- Abilities with MS Office Suite
- Ability to collect, correlate, analyze and report on data from a variety of sources in a timely manner – Performance Metrics
- Support diagnostic, troubleshooting, and technical problem-solving aptitude
- Fast learner with acute drive for issue resolution / closure
Pay: $18 – 21/hr. depending on years of education
Duration of Assignment Options:
- Summer Full-time Intern: Approximately 12 weeks
- Not applicable for this assignment
This position requires access to information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, this position is open only to applicants who qualify as “U.S. Persons” according to U.S. federal law.
Vishay offers a comprehensive suite of benefit programs including health care coverage, financial support programs and other resources designed to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. With us, you’ll experience unique career paths, an open and collaborative culture, a stable business that will be there for you, and opportunities to work globally and locally. Do you have the skills we need? Are you ready to power your career as you power the world? If so, apply today.
Vishay is an AAP and Equal Opportunity Employer
Expected salary: $18 – 21 per hour
Location: Ontario, CA
Job date: Thu, 11 May 2023 22:23:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for your inquisitiveness in our job opening. We are certain that this is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled professional like you to have an impact in the field of cars. If you are an industrious and detail-oriented individual who is enthusiastic about automotive, we encourage you to apply for this position. We look forward to hearing from you shortly and potentially welcoming you to our team.