Our team are seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable Professional in the car industry to become a part of our team. If you have a history of success in the automotive industry, and a love for cars and customer service, we urge you to apply for this job. As a Car Specialist at our firm, you will have the opportunity to team up with a skilled team of professionals and considerably impact the automotive industry. We are looking for a goal-oriented candidate who can support us in reaching our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Quality Project & Solution Engineering Manager
Job description: Summary
The Quality Project & Solution Engineering role will be responsible for providing on time support for the Body in White & General assembly Global Competence Center (GCC) and external customers on improvement opportunities from a Quality perspective.
Supports the development of Products and Innovative Solutions (standard products, technology applications, next generation process technology) in the Body in White GCC focusing on Standard application & Components, and related projects and products in the Engineering Organization.
Will also be sharing with the team their knowledge on specific technologies and technical disciplines, ensuring business competitiveness.
Responsible to ensure delivery of highest quality products/solutions to the customer.
Supports one or more project teams consisting of cross-functional team members in the development, monitoring of KPIs and related non-Conformities, implementation and Continual Improvement of the global Quality Management System and related Business Processes.
Practices and emphasizes ‘Zero Defect’ mindset in all aspects of Process & Solution development to ensure all activities involving suppliers, manufacturing plants and customer relationships have clarity and focus for the highest expectations of quality products/solutions.
Acts as the quality “bridge” and focal point between the two teams; Body in White & General Assembly GCC and Engineering.
A successful candidate must be a problem-solver at their core, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and motivation for relentless, continual improvement (personally and professionally).
Duties and Responsibilities
(These are the positions essential duties and are not an all inclusive list)
- Provide support from design stage to product launch to ensure highest level of quality in new products and changes, working closely with the Body in White & Engineering Teams.
- Lead quality planning activities, define and monitor quality objectives and targets for new products and Body in White & Engineering.
- Review new and modified product designs and process documentation for quality characteristics including manufacturability, serviceability, testability, reliability, and conformance to customer requirements.
- Establish and ensure conformance to engineering standards, product specifications, and highest customer expectations.
- Prevent customer satisfaction and durability issues by coordinating Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA’s), product design specifications and tolerances reviews, Lesson Learned and Best Practices implementation.
- Coordinate the problem solving of quality issues during products and Body in White Solutions & Components life cycle and assure management of non-conformities using various customer specific problem-solving tools & methodologies and reporting formats.
- Lead cross-functional problem-solving teams to drive process and products improvements in Body in White and Engineering.
- Use QA methodologies such as Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma projects to manage and facilitate issue resolution including root cause investigations, implementation and monitoring of effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Contain defective products and Body in White Solutions & Components through ownership of problem definition (8D’s), dispositions review, tracking of resolution effectiveness, and containment coordination.
- Participate in the development of the Global Quality Management System based on Business Processes and their continuous improvement.
- Support the monitoring of milestones execution, the analysis of results, and the monitoring of improvement plans.
- Support proof of concept (POC) activities
- Support products/process control plans, work instructions, inspection standards application, quality and testing plans and instructions, technical specifications, and various manufacturing validations. Monitor the execution of these activities.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in supporting teams on development of products and Body in White Solutions & Components, projects, proof of concept (POC) from design stage to launch.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, methodologies, tools, best practices, etc.
- Advanced Problem Solving: Defect analysis and prevention.
- Reliability and Risk Management.
- Control Plan development and support.
- Quality KPI (Key Performance Indicators).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of organization from shop floor to management staff and customers and suppliers.
- Experience in interacting with cross-functional team members to achieve alignment and commitment to keep quality as the most important program deliverable.
- Knowledge of Non-conforming System Traceability.
- Knowledge of Project Open Issues Matrix.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the customer’s processes, organization structure and customer specifications (Technical and Regulatory)
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Apps and any other relevant software
- Experience with quality problem solving methods including, but not limited to: Fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma. Additionally, evidence of the application of these methods to solve complex problems.
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation communication and computer skills in the English Language.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions of both internal manufacturing and supplier relations.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (5% to 10%).
- Detail oriented, ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, have a strong quality mindset, have the ability to meet tight deadlines, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Electronics Engineering is required. Other Engineering degrees may be considered with relevant experience.
- Previous experiences
- A minimum of 3-5 years Product or Process Quality Management experience in the automotive business, specifically manufacturing and assembly. Experience in Electric Vehicle (EV) & Components is preferred.
Location: Southfield, MI
Job date: Thu, 04 May 2023 02:49:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for thinking about our job position. We think that this is a distinctive opportunity for a skilled individual like you to advance your career in the field of cars industry. If you have an enthusiasm for vehicles, we encourage you to apply for this position. We are eagerly anticipating reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team.