Our team are seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable Professional in the car industry to become a part of our team. If you have a proven track record in the car industry, and an intense interest in cars and customer service, we urge you to apply for this role. As a Car Expert at our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a talented team of professionals and considerably impact the automotive industry. We are looking for a goal-oriented person who can help us achieve our goals and grow our business.
Job title: Reliability Engineering Lead
Job description: Pyka is looking for a Reliability Engineer Lead to join our growing engineering team. You will have the opportunity to develop our reliability program and team from the ground up. In this role you will play a critical role in forming the reliability standards and the test infrastructure needed to support our expanding fleet of autonomous aircraft. You will contribute your reliability expertise to all phases of the project from functional requirement creation and conceptual design to flight testing and certification of the production aircraft. Your work will be instrumental in Pyka’s growth.
Some of the ways you will contribute in your first weeks include:
- Lead our bi-weekly reliability and bug tracking meeting
- Develop infrastructure for accelerated life testing of our custom agricultural spray system
- Analyze existing reliability data to pinpoint high failure components and generate mitigation strategies
- Refine the environmental conditions that we use to test mechanical and electrical subsystems based on operating locations across the globe
- Develop and own company wide reliability tracking metrics (failure rate, MTBF, MTTR, etc.)
- Define environmental, durability, and reliability objectives to drive system and component design
- Develop and own test infrastructure for in-house environmental, accelerated life, and stress testing
- Develop and execute on test plans to verify system requirements
- Standardize and present best practices with regards to reliability and environmental considerations
- Participate in design reviews and perform DFMEA on mechanical and electrical subsystems
- Hire and manage a team of reliability engineers (two to three engineers in 2023, growing from there)
- Engineering background with experience in testing and analysis, ideally in an aerospace, automotive, industrial machinery, or related industry
- 5+ years of experience in a reliability focused role with knowledge of mechanical, electrical, environmental, and vibrational design considerations
- Intimate familiarity with physics of common failure modes associated with electric vehicles, aviation products, and products that use common low-rate manufacturing techniques (3D printed SLS parts, hand laid up composite parts, etc.)
- Experience designing test infrastructure and developing test cards
- Highly organized and skilled at creating clear, concise, and functional documentation
- Willingness to travel to test sites to gain understanding of the products use and operational environment (
10% of time)
- Passion for people management; prior experience is a plus, though not required
- Extreme thoroughness and attention to detail
- $160,000-$200,000 per year base salary + equity. Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Salary ranges are subject to change.
- Employer-sponsored health, dental and vision insurance, FSA with employer matching, and 401(k)
- Paid time off, company holidays, and parental leave
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks at the Oakland office
Export Control Requirements
This position requires access to technology, software and other information that is subject to governmental access control restrictions, due to export controls. Employment in this position is conditioned on the continued availability of government authorization to authorize release of such items, to the extent required, including without limitation an export license, or other documentation required to establish authorization to receive access to such items.
Company may delay commencement of employment, rescind an offer of employment, terminate employment, and/or may modify job responsibilities, compensation, benefits, and/or access to Company facilities and information systems, as Company deems appropriate, in order to ensure compliance with applicable government access control restrictions.
We do not work with external recruiters; if you are an external recruiter, please do not reach out.
Expected salary: $160000 – 200000 per year
Location: Oakland, CA
Job date: Thu, 11 May 2023 02:51:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for your interest in our job offer position. We think that this is a stimulating opportunity for an experienced professional like you to take the next step in your career in the car industry. If you are a motivated and service-oriented individual with an enthusiasm for cars, we encourage you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and potentially welcoming you to our team.