We are excited to present a new job opening for a knowledgeable Vehicle professional. If you are zealous about the automotive industry, we encourage you to send in your resume for this role. As a Car Specialist at our firm, you will have the prospect to collaborate with a skilled group of professionals and significantly impact the automotive industry. We can’t wait to receiving your application!
Job title: Senior Principal Engineer, Packaging Engineering Development
Job description: onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a focus on automotive and industrial end-markets, the company is accelerating change in megatrends such as vehicle electrification and safety, sustainable energy grids, industrial automation, and 5G and cloud infrastructure. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world.
We are seeking a self-directed and self-driven Senior Principal Engineer, Packaging Engineering Development leader at our headquarters in Scottsdate, Arizona. This is a fast moving and exciting opportunity that will broaden and enhance one’s skill and challenge the candidate throughout their career. You will be working in the Central Engineering Packaging organization creating and qualifying next generation packaging enabling technologies. In addition, you will be leading the growing wafer and die sales qualifications through the integration and validation of enabling technology and key building blocks in final package or development test vehicles on a global basis. This opportunity is for those who are technically focused and thrive on solving complex challenges and leading global teams to create future technology platforms and intellectual property for onsemi.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Work with business unit, marketing, and development teams to lead the wafer and die sales development strategy that meets cost, performance, manufacturing, and reliability goals
- Lead and implement development methodology and own associated action plan outcomes. Plan and execute development and qualification activities per development phase with package and post fab development engineer
- Validate Engineering activities relevance and deliver metrics towards meeting project goals and timelines
- Lead cross functional problem-solving activities and work with onsemi full integrated device manufacturing chain
- Document findings and process flows to create baseline for new technology platforms
- Lead maturity gate reviews, Publish progress report to executives and peers on monthly and quarterly basis.
- BS degree in Engineering or technical field. MS/Ph.D. degree is a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in semiconductor processing or similar industry.
- Ability to lead development teams and define strategies on a global basis
- Knowledge of post fab processing such as wafer thinning, sputter, plating, photolithography, wafer bonding, bumping, wafer level packaging and package assembly.
- Proven track record for structured and effective problem-solving success, including extensive use of proven processes such as Ishikawa, 5 why or other cause and effect relationship tools
- Intermediate level data analysis skills specifically in Excel or JMP
- Strong communication skills, project management, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated and results oriented
- Job requirements are broad; the candidate must be able to expand and grow in multiple disciplines if not already proficient in those areas (manufacturing/quality, materials, electrical, thermal, and mechanical)
- Fluency (written and oral) in English required
- Travel, combination of international and domestic, up to 25% is expected
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Job date: Thu, 04 May 2023 06:23:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for your consideration in our job position position. We think that this is a thrilling opportunity for a skilled professional like you to take the next step in your career in the vehicle industry. If you are an ambitious and customer-focused individual with a love for cars, we urge you to apply for this position. We are excited to hearing from you soon and perhaps welcoming you to our team.