We are delighted to announce an amazing prospect to become a part of our crew in the Vehicle Sector! If you are a gifted and passionate person with a strong background in vehicle knowledge, we encourage you to submit your application for this role. This is your opportunity to become a member of an energetic and forward-thinking group committed to excellence in the field of the automotive sector. Don’t let go of this opportunity to move forward your professional life and be a member of a corporation that respects originality, imagination, and hard work. We eagerly anticipate receiving your job application and learning more about your skills and background in the car field.
Job title: Software and Controls Engineering Manager
Company: FANUC America
Job description: At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. We are currently searching for a dynamic, Software and Controls Engineering Manager to manage Software and Controller related product and support activities for the General Industry and Automotive Segments. This includes setting overall product strategy and direction, managing all direct and indirect resources within the group, and managing general software and controller options.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Drive the market acceptance and sales of FANUC robot hardware and software products by managing a team of engineers that
- Lead evaluation of new and innovative software applications and features
- Demonstrate unique adaptions of available software features and options to solve automation problems
- Act as the focus point for marketing and promotion of Core Software and related options with our customers and internal / external sales force
- Perform market analysis or other related investigation to identify opportunities for new Software products and features for General Industry and Automotive Customers
- Develop specifications for new software products that will expand the use of FANUC robots into new areas, markets and applications
- Develop and execute test plans for new Software features and options
- Develop pricing recommendations for new Software options
- Identify product concerns and limitations and manage the resolution of all critical issues related to Software Products, acting as the liaison between FANUC product development, the field service organization, executing groups, and end customer/integration partners to resolve identified issues.
- Concept, develop, execute, and support world class demonstration cells for trade shows and for permanent display which highlight the industry leading capabilities of FANUC robot products
- Develop and implement plans guiding the overall direction for controller hardware and software options
- Identify, develop, and direct the staff required to implement the controller and software strategy, including working with ASI and regional offices
- Manage the specification and requirements for internal systems required to effectively sell, quote and execute robot and software sales (ex. OLCPL/CPQ) at a corporate level
- Occasional travel to customer site and support of corporate tradeshow/demonstrations
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent relevant experience, with Master s degree or higher preferred
- Minimum five years experience with demonstrated success in a Software Product Management, Applications Engineering, or related positions preferred
- Prior experience leading or managing teams and/or projects preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project is highly desirable
- Experience with FANUC robots and software options in a broad range of applications
- Must have demonstrated success in managing the development and introduction of robotics or related software and controls products, leading and directing the work of others
- Developing and implementing overall product strategies
- Advanced Project management skills (i.e., planning and administrative skills
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous Holiday & Vacation Program
Location: Rochester, MI
Job date: Sun, 14 May 2023 22:12:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for considering our job offer. We believe that this is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled individual like you to further your career in the field of cars industry. If you have an enthusiasm for automotive, we advise you to apply for this position. We are eagerly anticipating reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team.