Our company are delighted to present an incredible opportunity to become a part of our workforce in the Car Field! If you are a talented and zealous candidate with firm expertise in automotive expertise, we advise you to send in your resume for this role. This is your opportunity to be a part of a lively and forward-thinking crew committed to superiority in the realm of the vehicle sector. Don’t miss out on this prospect to advance your job and be involved in a company that appreciates originality, imagination, and diligence. We can’t wait to receiving your application and finding out more about your experience and background in the automotive industry.
Job title: Sr. Engineering Manager for Powertrain Controls – Hybrid Work
Company: IAV Automotive Engineering
Job description: IAV is offering exciting opportunities to join dynamic teams with exposure to top tier projects!
We are offering Hybrid Work Flexibility! APPLY TODAY!
IAV Group is an engineering and technical consultancy servicing the global automotive industry with approximately 7,000 employees worldwide and more than 30 years of experience. As a recognized leader in the specification, design, development, validation and production launch of advanced vehicle and powertrain systems, IAV Automotive Engineering deploys a leading team of technical experts, engineering tools and program processes from its North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
IAV is currently seeking a Sr. Engineering Manager for our team in the area of Powertrain Controls Development at our North American Headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
Essential Responsibilities & Activities:
Sr. Engineering Manager for Powertrain Controls will be responsible for the technical and organizational management of an existing team. Growing IAVs local expertise, portfolio and customer base related to Powertrain Controls, build on a global network of experts within IAV.
This position plays a key role in the development of the Powertrain Controls team as it relates to strategic direction setting, employee development and project management.
- Responsible to process the orders with the team in terms of quality, timing, costs
- Team building and development and motivation of team members
- Participation in the staffing process of the company
- Management of directly subordinate employees with target agreement in accordance with the target agreement process, including the conduct of employee appraisals
- Supporting and qualifying team members in terms of technical, social and intercultural skills in accordance with company training and development programs
- Ensuring the implementation of the measures agreed between the project and the teams to achieve the success of the project or the project objectives
- Support for the preparation of quotations
- Provision of basic data for budgeting; compliance with work/budget success
- Development of new customers and maintenance and expansion of existing customer bases
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and build technical knowledge and ability
- Travel for purposes of test trips, training, or meetings, possibly outside the country for up to several months
- All other duties as assigned
You will be working in a highly motivated team on demanding and trend-setting assignments with a great deal of scope for your ideas.
*This job requires U.S. work authorization*
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or relevant technical discipline) required.
- Maser’s Degree or Ph.D. in Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience working with battery management systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with the design and implementation greater battery systems for vehicles or similar.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams, (management, project manager, sales, customers etc.)
- Strong proficiency with verbal and written communication skills, analytical problem solving, and creativity.
- Experience with systems calibration / controls fundamentals
- Experience with device control theory
- 401K with company matching
- PTO (Paid Time Off) starts at 20days/year with 1 day accumulation per year
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance starts on date of hire
- Health saving account
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability (covered 100% premium)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training and Development
- Paid Holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Employee Discount
- Referral program
Location: Northville, MI
Job date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 23:02:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for considering this thrilling opportunity to join our team in this Automotive Industry. We believe that our company offers a distinctive and satisfying work environment, with chances for advancement. If you are passionate about the vehicle industry and have the expertise and knowledge we are seeking, we encourage you to send your application today. We are excitedly awaiting hearing from you soon and perhaps welcoming you to our team.