We are delighted to present an amazing prospect to join our crew in the Car Sector! If you are a talented and zealous candidate with solid experience in automotive skills, we encourage you to send in your resume for this position. This is your shot to join an energetic and creative group committed to high standards in the domain of the automotive industry. Don’t let go of this prospect to advance your professional life and be a member of an organization that appreciates creativity, creativity, and diligence. We look forward to getting your job application and learning more about your expertise and knowledge in the car sector.
Job title: Sr Manager of Engineering
Company: GForce Life Sciences
Job description: Summary
Our client, a Fortune 500 Medical Device Company, has engaged GForce Life Sciences to provide a Sr. Manager, Maintenance & Manufacturing Engineering. This position will report to a Sr. Director of Maintenance & Manufacturing Engineering, North America within the Engineering department. This individual will be responsible for technical floor support, leading development processes, and process/product improvement projects, and contributing to investigations of technical issues with in-process or field-returned products.
This position will be supporting all applicable regulations including but not limited to FDA, ISO, and CMD/CAS requirements. Knowledge of how to control the validation of new products and processes to meet or exceed specifications; develop operational procedures to ensure the new products being transferred into manufacturing can be transferred into the normal production department in a smooth orderly manner. Support the process development efforts by working with NPI teams and vendors to work on DFM concepts as well as managing the transfer of pilot processes from SDI and developing scale-up technologies. Collaborating in post-launch design improvements is also within the scope of work This position will work closely with Quality and other Operations departments. Role with high visibility and interaction with senior-level executives.
Duties / Expectations of Role
- Manage a multidisciplinary group of leaders and individual contributors from the maintenance engineering, metrology & manufacturing engineering teams. Teams may also include hourly personnel.
- As the leader of the manufacturing engineering group, this role is responsible for industrializing, validating/revalidating manufacturing equipment and processes as well as daily process troubleshooting support (CAPA, NCMRs) and driving continuous improvement efforts.
- As the leader of the maintenance and metrology engineering group, this role is responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting & calibration of critical manufacturing as well as upgrades and needed design change proposals.
- Assist in the transfer of new products and processes into the Manufacturing department. Coordinate with Production Support & Service personnel, and Supply Chain Personnel to ensure necessary supplies, equipment, and facilities are in order to achieve the product transfers. Collaborate with Technical Ops, R&D, and SDI on all NPI projects.
- Maintain operating performance of production-related equipment according to manufacturer’s preventative maintenance procedures and approved Company policy
- Work with Production and Technical Support personnel to identify, isolate and correct technical challenges for improving product reproducibility.
- Lead continuous improvement programs to reduce the cost and cycle times of products. Examine and implement lean manufacturing techniques
- Advise management of opportunities and risks and propose methods to improve product quality, customer service, department operations, and costs.
- Develop and revise specifications and procedures, protocols, studies, and other documents as needed by the company.
- Own CMMS system: administration, ensuring compliance with the records of critical equipment.
- Work with other manufacturing support functions such as Production, Tech Ops, SD&I, Facilities/EHS, QA, RA
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or a comparable discipline
- Minimum of 10+ years previous manufacturing engineering experience in a highly related industry such as medical device, government or automotive
- 5+ years supervisory experience. The position requires three (3) years of product transfer experience or process development engineering experience
- MS Word, Excel and PPT skills. Familiarity with Google Suite
- Proficiency with 3D modeling and data analytics software (Solidworks and Minitab).
- Understanding of adhesives/epoxies, surface treatments, glass working techniques, pouch fabrication, ultrasonic welding, PLC programming, plastic molding, automated dispensing.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of FDA QSRs and ISO regulations is highly preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals
Term & Start
- Permanent role
- Start date ASAP
- Full-time (40 hours/week)
- Onsite at manufacturing site in Chicagoland area everyday
- Travel- up to 10% of the time (as needed, paid)
- Benefits included (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Interview process- 2 interviews. One is virtual and the second is in person, in IL
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Northbrook, IL
Job date: Thu, 11 May 2023 05:18:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Thank you for considering this thrilling opportunity to become a part of our team in this Automotive Industry. We are confident that our company provides a unique and fulfilling work environment, with chances for growth. If you are passionate about the car industry and have the expertise and knowledge we are seeking, we advise you to turn in your application today. We are eagerly anticipating hearing from you shortly and possibly welcoming you to our team.