Our team are thrilled to offer an incredible opportunity to be a member of our team in the Automotive Industry! If you are a gifted and enthusiastic candidate with firm expertise in vehicle skills, we advise you to send in your resume for this role. This is your shot to be a part of a lively and innovative team committed to high standards in the field of the vehicle sector. Don’t let go of this prospect to progress your career and be involved in a corporation that respects originality, resourcefulness, and effort. We look forward to receiving your resume and finding out more about your experience and knowledge in the vehicle field.
Job title: System Software Integration Engineer (Advanced Engineering and Automated Driving) – XC
Job description: Company Description
Do you want to be able to say that beneficial technologies in the automotive space have been shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch, Chassis Controls Driver Assistance
This group is working on ADAS functions for series projects. Examples include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)and partially automated driving (e.g. Highway-Assist).
This position includes system, software integration and calibration responsibilities of advanced driver assistance and automated driving functions. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has the willingness to dive right in. You will work directly with an entire development team including software developers, fellow application / calibration engineers and project managers to develop project specific solutions for driver assistance and/or automated driving technologies.
Below is a highlight of the things you would being working on:
- Responsible for vehicle testing / system integration / application / validation / requirements engineering for Perception/Localization/Planning and Motion Control sub-systems
- Responsible for ADAS sensor (Radar/Video/Ultrasonic and LiDAR) integration, debugging / troubleshooting using automotive development tools such as CANalyzer, CANape, Flexray and Matlab.
- Responsible for bench setup + test (HIL/SIL) and vehicle instrumentation + testing (public road and test track)
- In-vehicle and simulation/bench performance calibration of sensor-based algorithms to meet both objective and subjective customer and Bosch performance specifications.
- Responsible for evaluating customer specifications and translating them to system requirements
- Define and document test cases / test strategy, analyze and document test data/results
- Recommend software / logic changes for performance issues that cannot be solved via parameter tuning
- Ensure system development, validation and delivery according to guidelines and processes in place
- Support test drives with customer
- First point of contact for OEM for application topics, prepare technical presentations for customer
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or foreign equivalent.
- 1-3 years of academic or professional experience in software programming
- 3 or more years’ experience with vehicle and system test and release procedures in an automotive function.
- 3 or more years’ experience in systems / requirements engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
- Knowledge of driver assistance sensor technologies and functions, high interest to work on exciting new driver assistance technologies
- Good understanding of vehicle communication protocols
- Enjoys troubleshooting in the vehicle or bench
- Working know-how of C++ and Python
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment, innovative thinking.
- Hands on experience with Agile development methods (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, etc.)
- Capable to work independently in an organized and structured fashion with strong analytical skills that supports a systematic approach to problem resolution and strong communication skills to discuss issues/challenges with global development teams and external customers.
- Good written / verbal communication and presentation skills to discuss issues / solutions with team and external customer
- Flexible, willing to travel (4-6 weeks / year) and participate in test drives (international travel possible)
- Good English skills verbal / written (additional languages encouraged)
- Comfortable with test activities in vehicles
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Location: Plymouth, MI
Job date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 07:21:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!
We appreciate your interest for evaluating our job position. We believe that this is a unique opportunity for a talented individual like you to progress your career in the field of vehicles industry. If you have a passion for vehicles, we urge you to apply for this position. We are looking forward to reviewing your application and perhaps welcoming you to our team.